A few days ago, Linode.com announced native IPv6 roll out in their datacenters. Now, while I haven’t wrote about Linode in the past 6 months, I am still a happy customer. I am documenting the steps I took to migrate away from my HE.net tunnel.
- Set the TTL low on any DNS addresses that you will be changing. Ideally, do this a fair amount ahead of time.
- Send in a support ticket to get your /64 allocated. Sidenote: response time: 4 minutes
- Reboot ‘node so the backend system deploys your IPv6 after it was allocated. [Verify] IPV6 status on your ‘node.
- From a different IPv6 host, run
nmap -6on the existing address to verify listening services.
- Update DNS, define static networking, be happy.